Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

legend 7.0 016 ETR config 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamup

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
US
I have installed a 016 ETR card in slot 13 of a working Legend 7.0 The system has MLX and SL phones. When I connect a Partner 18D to a etr port, the time and date as well as extension # is displayed upon F00. The 18D is workingg like a SL phone - off hook there is dial tone, but lines & intercom cannot be accessed by pressing buttons

I have a console phone and winspm that is working

Please advise the path to configure the etr to support etr phones.

Thank you for help

JW - BayCom

After you press Feature 00, and you press each button, what does it say that it is programmed as? Have you had a look at Section G of the Feature Reference, the Button Diagrams? Starting on page G6 (page 1026 of the pdf) you will find the default layout of the phones, and it is a LOT different from a Partner system.

Yikes! my bad - tonight I learned it's a lot of work to use 18D phones, so I hope I can use MLX 10D phones on the T/R ports of the ETR. I could program with a template from an existing set + customer would be comfortable with familiar and consistent button layout.

I added the 016 ETR card mainly to support 2 Partner 3920 wireless sets.
Customer needs to access 6 lines and Page from the 3920 - more hope for that to work.

I only need to add 5 station phones + 2 3920 wiereless.

Am I on the right path here?

Thank you for help

JW BayCom

I don't like Partner phones on a Magix either, but its easier if you just remember they go bottom up, left to right, instead of accross, and use the *xx codes to program the buttons, for example *33 for forwarding. Think MLX layout on a phone that looks like a Partner...

You can't use MLX sets on the ETR card, only Partner phones, and S/L on the last 6 ports if you program them to be S/L instead of ETR.

TouchToneTommy

I am using .pdf Merlin Legend R7.0 System Programming.

G4 is the highest G page, no G6.

I searched for Feature Reference but only found the text term, not the table 'Feature Reference'

Please advise the url of .pdf you have referenced

Thank you for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back