Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend 6.1 SA and Pool button assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsronline

Technical User
Jul 19, 2004
US
I'm in the process of programming a Legend 6.1 to replace a Merlin II. The system is in Hybrid / PBX mode with 5 incoming lines that should only ring at the receptionist. I would like the new system to function as closely as possible to the Merlin II. The old system has the default Int. Ring, Int. Voice, and 2 pool buttons (pool 9). The Legend default is SA Ring, SA voice, and SA Originate Only, no pools.

Questions:
What function does the SA Originate Only button have, and do I need it? The AVAYA manual doesn't clearly differentiate this button from the SA ring button

It doesn't appear that I can create two identical pool buttons (default pool 70) on the same phone as they appear on the Merlin II. Do I need two pool buttons? Do I need any pool buttons if the phones don't ring on incoming calls? I've had to program multiple pool or Group CO buttons on other systems to occommodate outside to outside call transfers and conferencing. Would I miss out on these features without multiple pools?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't get rid of the SA Voice button. The feature is not currently used and when the button is hit by accident it makes people wonder why their phone just beeped at them.

Lastly, will a Merlin II console phone function like a 34D on a Legend with an ATL card or will it cease to function entirely.

Thanks in advance

Q1: The Sa-Originate, is just that, it can originate (place) calls, but cannot receive calls on it. Do you need it? It comes in very handy when transfering calls, creating conference calls, etc as you're always assured of having the 'second' dialtone. I would definitly add one to the main console(s).

Q2: No, there is no real need to have 'Pool' buttons in PBX mode, everyone, just dials '9' for an outside line.

Q3: Again, no, there is no real need to have an SA-Voice button, some people like the ability to make a voice-announce. Change it to another SA-Ring if you'd like.

Q4: Yes, the 34 button set will work on the ATL card, will it function in the same manner as a console as it did on the Merlin II, not entirely.

franke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back