Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato not reading bar code labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussG

MIS
Sep 6, 2000
US
Experiencing problems with Networker 5.5.1 build 115 and an exb230d juekbox. Jukebox is reading barcodes no problem, however Networker is not. Has anyone experienced a sim problem.

russ@pennwest.com

RussG,

Although I haven't experienced the exact same issue, I do know that Networker won't read barcodes unless you tell it to do so within the jukebox configuration.

The following commands will work in UNIX, if you're using NT type jbconfig from a command prompt on the server to access the same menu. Before you work with the jb_config command, backup your nsrjb.res file found in /nsr/res, this way if anything goes wrong you can restore the current functionality of your jukebox. Quick note: you can open this file with a text editor scroll down to your jukebox info and look for barcode enabled...if it says no read on, otherwise I'm not certain if this info will assist you.

I would shutdown the Networker server by issuing nsr_shutdown, then use the command jb_config to reconfigure the jukebox, you will be asked a series of questions about your exb230d. Somewhere between the 8th and 9th question, jb_config will detect that your jukebox has a barcode reader and ask if you would like reader support enabled. Type yes then, it should ask if you want the volume labels to match barcode labels this is up to you. That should the update your jukebox config, type nsrd to start your NWserver, then nsrexecd to start you NWclients, or if you run some script to start your environment use that.

In Nwadmin, within the volumes view, you should now see the barcodes next to the volume names.

Hope this helps,
Larry J

Hi

I had the same problem with two diffrent installations of NW 5.51. When I upgraded the NW to 5.52 and ran NSRJB -vHE for a hardware reset the bar code reader came alive again.

//Stefan

This is my issue:
I used "labelview" to create labels. I am using version 5.0 Build 63.
-I created the Bar Codes using CODE 128 with Autoswitching.
-out of the 47 tapes I have put Bar code labels on 10 Tapes.
-Enables "Read Bar Labels" to YES and NO to "Match Bar Code Labels for now.
-In the SUN ETL 4/1800 Juke box I enabled the "Bar Code" from Configure Library options.
-Did the inventory using the Juke Box touch screen buttons.
-Also performed inventory on one of the Tapes that was labled with the Barocde.
-But when I click on the Volume button and look atthe volumes screen, I notice that the column with the BARCODEs is all blank all the way down.

What am I doing wrong? Any clue? please help :)
please send a reply to aazam@excite.com as well.

Thanks! [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back