Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Networker Windows Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayde

Technical User
Nov 7, 2007
ZA
I a trying to connect to a Legato Server running a RedHat 9.0 backend. I have added the client IP address into the Server hosts file. but I still get the error message. "Unable to send". And when searching for other servers, it does not find any.

Any ideas?

I hope you have configured the client on the server. Otherwise NW will fail to write to its file index.

Do not forget to start the client daemon (nsrexecd).

Then i would test a manual backup at the client using this command: "save -s server directory_you_want_to_save". If the name resolution is fine, this should work.

The service is started. I managed to make 2 pcs see it. And all I had to do was install the Legato Adminstrator and add the IP of the PC using it in the Server hosts file. And I have to set up a few more pcs for monitoring also.

But it seems 1 of them have limited rights, cause it doesn't allow that client to see which pool a specific tape was assigned to.

Thanks tho,

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

This type of error usually points to a "network related" problem, like a name resolution issue.

Before you do an automatic backup, you first must make the manual backup work. What is the result if you run the command i mentioned earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back