Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Networker error when starting a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghenadie

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
RO
Hi all,
I'm facing a permitions related problem which i cannot identify when starting a group on networker server to backup another client (server). This problem doesn't appear when i backup the networker server itself.
The save and savefs commands work ok when started on the client server.
Here is the log:

12/16/03 08:37:58 nsrd: savegroup info: starting zeus (with 1 client(s))
12/16/03 08:37:58 savegrp: command 'savefs -s atlas -c zeus -g zeus -p -l full -R -v -F / ' for client zeus exited with retur
n code 9.
* zeus:/ Host atlas cannot request command execution
* zeus:/ 12/16/03 08:37:58 nsrexec: Host atlas cannot request command execution
* zeus:/ Permission denied
12/16/03 08:37:58 savegrp: zeus:probe will retry 1 more time(s)
12/16/03 08:37:58 savegrp: command 'savefs -s atlas -c zeus -g zeus -p -l full -R -v -F / ' for client zeus exited with retur
n code 9.
* zeus:/ 1 retry attempted
* zeus:/ Host atlas cannot request command execution
* zeus:/ 12/16/03 08:37:58 nsrexec: Host atlas cannot request command execution
* zeus:/ Permission denied
12/16/03 08:37:58 savegrp: zeus:probe will retry 0 more time(s)
12/16/03 08:38:09 nsrd: atlas:index:zeus saving to pool 'Default' (000001)
12/16/03 08:38:10 nsrd: atlas:index:zeus done saving to pool 'Default' (000001) 29 KB
12/16/03 08:38:10 nsrd: atlas:bootstrap saving to pool 'Default' (000001)
12/16/03 08:38:10 nsrmmdbd: media db is saving its data. This may take a while.
12/16/03 08:38:10 nsrmmdbd: media db is open for business.
12/16/03 08:38:10 nsrd: atlas:bootstrap done saving to pool 'Default' (000001) 127 KB
12/16/03 08:38:11 nsrd: savegroup alert: zeus completed, total 1 client(s), 0 Hostname(s) Unresolved, 1 Failed, 0 Succeeded.
(zeus Failed)
12/16/03 08:38:11 nsrd: runq: NSR group zeus exited with return code 1.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Fill in the service account user in remote access of the client(zeus).
f.e. system@zeus

Is the service account user of networker server an administrator? f.e. system@atlas or root@atlas

cyberted

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply, but it didn't help. The users root are both in administrator list. I set the remote users, but it didn't change anything.
The restore goes OK from the client server, so the client can connect to networker server and get the data from backup.

It looks that the only problem is the savegrp program which cannot execute savefs command on a remote client.

Thanks

why to you take the savefs command?
Try to execute savegrp -l full -c zeus -G zeus

This should work!

From doku: NOTE: running savefs directly is not recommended; use savegrp instead.

cyberted

hi,

Thanks for your help. I managed to solve the problem which was related to the authentication of the client server.

Thanks again

Just to add a comment on "Remote Access" - this is a list of
all users that are allowed to recover this client's data - it
is not related to backups at all.

Hi Ghenadie,

I know you have solved the problem which was related to the authentication of the client server, can you be more specific on what have you found and done? I have the simular problem too, and from time to time I need to stop then restart the NW client services to get it to work again both in Sol and Win clients, which I don't think is appropriate way. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

Hi TekMan01,
You should check the /nsr/res/servers on client so that it points to the right server.
Thereis another way out by disabling authentication by running nsrexecd with '-i' flag.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back