Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Networker Error (I/O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavinB

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am new to Legato Networker and am facing some problem in that(using SUN StorEdge L8 Auto loader).Every week we change the tapes and perform an inventory on the jukebox’s contents.But yesterday before I could do the inventory,the backup started and returned an error:-
"savepnpc: error, no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools"
Now when I perform an inventory it shows the error message:-
media warning: /dev/rmt/0cbn opening: I/O error

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The I/O error could be an indication of a bad tape, dirty tape drive or worse it could be indicating your L8 is bad. Have you tried cleaning your tape drive? If so, manually load a new tape into the L8 tape drive and run command:

mt -f /dev/rmt/0 stat

This command should return the status of the tape drive.

Thanx for the suggestion..but my prob is that the drive is at the datacenter in some other country and I don't have access to that.Is there any command(in Netwoker) that I can run to see the status or correct the prob ???

Hi,

If nsrjb -H doesn't help, you can load a tape in the drive with nsrjb -ln -f /drv/rmt/0cbn

and then use the mt command to test the tape. The mt command should be ran a few times to get reliable output.

Hope this helps!

-Joe

Thanx....
The prob is solved now but am still wondering what is the real solution??
I was earlier giving nsrjb -HE followed by nsrjb -I and it didn't work.
But when I gave nsrjb -Hv followed by nsrjb -Iv,it worked.
Any difference between the two(The -E option is used when you are manually swapping media in or out of a jukebox,which is done in my case)????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back