Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Networker 7.2 System Restore assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooch01

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2007
US
Hi,

I need some assistance with a system restore. I'm a bit of a newbie here...

I'm running networker 7.2 in a Windows 2003 Server environment, with a default backup schedule of Full backups Monday and Friday @ 9pm, which typically finish at 11:50pm. Differential's T-Th and Sat-Sun all at 9pm.

My question is, if one of my servers blue screens and is unrepairable, what is the best way to get that server back up and running, and restore the data?

Do I reinstall the OS, and if so, what is the best way to retrieve the data from Monday's Full backup?

Any assistance is welcomed. Thanks!

Do the following :
Reinstall a fresh W2k03 with the same disklayout on your server.
Apply the same servicepacks and if possible patches.
Give it the same name and ip of your wrecked server.
Install NW Client on it.
Start Winworkr (networker user), select all system state components and all drives and recover.
When the networker tries to recover the first existing file it will prompt you for the action.
Select "discard recovered file".
REBOOT the recover is due and hopefully you will have your "old server" back.
If your server was a DC you have to do the recover in the AD recovery console.

a060463xyz,

Thank you so much for your instructions. I really appreciate them. The networker manual I have is 880 pages. It's not that I haven't read it, but the writing jumps around quite a bit referring you from one section to another. Thank you!

By AD recovery console, are you referring to the authoritative/non-authoritative restore?

Thanks again!

Usually make an nonauthoritative restore.
With Ad recovery console i was referring to press F8 while booting and select AD recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back