Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Networker 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

haasemi

MIS
Aug 19, 2002
EU
Hi,

is anybody using the new Version 7.0?

If yes, any problems?

Which advantages or disadvantages have you detected?

Thanks in advance.
Michael

Hi,

we will migrate in the next weeks.

The are same new features (new file-devices).

Take a look at your licensing! Same licenses are free in NW6 but not in NW7.

It is easier to config libraries, DDS...

New modules for small NFTS-files...

bye

Have a look at cyberted

Hi,

Another advantage is that the mminfo command now can report the output with a delimiter that you choose or you can get it in XML. This make my reporting much easier.

Also it support the upcoming Windows 2003 editions, but nothing about if it will supports shadow copy...

Finally it's nice to see that version 7 is available for all major platforms, and not only Windows like 6.2 was.

Best regards,
Yamamoto

Hi,

There are some pretty decent features in NW7. In addition to above, here's a few more:

Change logging which tracks any changes in the environment and who made the change.

User groups, which allows you to restrict the privs of specific groups.

Cross platform browsing (though not recovering)

Tape Alert, which can warn you about specific errors your tape drive is reporting..

So far, testing in the lab has been very positive..

Hope this helps.

I heard from Legato SE to wait for a few releases of 7. There are some bugs in it.

I would like to make a correction to my previous posting and what I stated in it. The comment I made in regards to Networker 7 was based on my own thoughts and findings. There was no communicatiom made to me by a Legato SE stating these facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back