Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Networker 6.2 Workstation Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey05

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
US
I have Network 6.2 installed onto a WinXP client. The computer name and dsn match. The cpu name was added to the Administrators group on the Networker Host servers.

When I launch the Networker Admin console from the workstation I receive the following error:

&quot;Server <host name>: Unable to receive&quot;

I verified the host and servers file from another XP workstation that the console runs normally from and they match.

I have also tried to reinstall the software after removing it from the registry.

Has anyone seen this type of problem before?

Thanks!

Have you test network connection between client and server (Networker)? Ping for example.
Have you put IP adress and FQDN and aliases to the HOST file (all what you have in DNS for that client) ?
And in .../../nsr/res/servers FQDN for Networker server (like tek-tips.tips.net)
Have you create a client with on a Networker server?
What does it means - &quot;The cpu name was added to the Administrators group on the Networker Host servers&quot; - as I understand you put user ID with proper rights this way Server Setup--->Administrator-->userID like JOHN@* or JOHN@yourPC.com?
And last thing - go to the CMD and try to start .../nsr/bin/nwadmin.exe -s servername from there.

Thanks for the response.

I've actually tried all of the things above. Running the svradmin.exe -s <server name> received the same connection error.

Also I successfully pinged both host servers and updated the host and servers files with the correct information. I actually used identical information from another workstation that is not having any problems.

In the administrato server setup the user name Doe_J@... was used as well as the Administrator@<computer name> convention.

All of these steps worked successfully on all my current workstations but for some reason this particular PC will not work. I was hoping that it was something PC specific that could be causing the problem.

Not sure where to go from here, I may need to rebuild the OS and see what happens then.

Thanks again...

I have setup static IPs on my XP workstations - after that I haven`t got any client specific errors from them.
Check your DNS - might be a problem with name resolution.
Are you using Microsoft DNS for your network? Have you DHCP enabled in network setting on that PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back