Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Jukebox error

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSiva

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
US
Hi all,
Iam using Legato 6.1 on AIX along with DLT 7000 Jukebox, recently I am getting the following error while taking inventry or trying automatic backup.

"SJI Failure [0x 29]: Aborted Command, ASC 0x08 ASCQ 0x86"

Can anybody help me in this.

Thanks
JSiva

Make sure the jukebox is online and ready. Also check that everything is properly connected. Are you able to perform any jukebox operation (label/inventory/backup etc) ?

Regards,
StefanS

Hi,

This is normally the problem with the default delays for load/unload/eject.

Try increasing those from nwadmin->media ->jbx->view detailed.

Normally helps. "Long live king Moshiach !"

Hi
The Juke box is working fine...but from legato iam not able to do label, inventry. Backup is happening. For labeling iam getting the same error:

"SJI Failure [0x 29]: Aborted Command, ASC 0x08 ASCQ 0x86"

Anyway let me check by increasing the default delay as levw said.

Thanks
JSiva

Hi
I increased the default delays..still the error comes...how to solve this ?

JSiva

What is "inquire -l" saying? Try running a reset with "nsrjb -HE" and try the labeling again.

This is pointing to serial type juke box error. Rename the nsrjb.res file then delete the jukbox then the devices. Re run jbconfig choose auto detect and it should see your jukebox correctly - if it does NOT I would check your scsi configuration within the OS your running - Use the scsic utiltiy ( Ctrl-A for adaptec) to compare with the output for inquire -c command. Make sure the two match!!
Legato gets' it infor from the OS.

Hi,

nsrjb -HEv gives me the same error but inquire gives me the devices with Autochanger properly.

This is actually a SAN setup and the DLT7000 Library is connected via a SCSI-Fiber router to host systems. But the device is listed in inquire properly and it was working fine for 2 months.

Now i wanted to know if I delete the Jukebox and devices, re-install it back means- will there be any problem to my backups previously taken thorug Legato?

JSiva

I had a similar error message with my Jukebox when I had a incompatible tape in it. The robot arm could not pickup / release the tape.

Don't know if this will be of help to you.

Regards,

Dan

Hi,

My Tape Library is OVERLAND DLT 7000 and it has QUANTAM Tape drives inside. I have been using HP DLT Tape IV for nearly two months without any problem. This problem started all of a sudden.

I would like to know what precaution I should take before removing the Jukebox and re-install it. Because I wanted to use the backups taken in the past 2 monts.

JSiva

HI,

Atualy the main thing is to rmdev the tape devices from the AIX prior to removal.

1.By the way - what does errpt shows at this time of event ?
Normally one learns a lot from it.

2.What daemon.log shows at the same time ? "Long live king Moshiach !"

Hi,
You will not loose any data if you are running nsrjb -EHv, but before you do this, you might want to do a copy of /nsr/res/nsrjb.res = config-file for the jukbox.....
Try this,
nsrjb -EHv -reset
nsrjb -Iv -inventory

You wont loose any data recreating the Jukebox. However, before you delete the current config unload any tapes from drives, make sure no pools are pointing at the drives. Delete the jukebox first, than the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back