Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Incorrect volume given when restoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgoldie2

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
Hi,

Looking for some help!!
I'm using Networker 7 on a Solaris 8 server platform.
My backups are all reporting that they are successful, however when I try to do a restore from, say, a backup taken two days ago, networker is requesting a volume from a backup done on 7th January.

I've tried reindexing the client but still have same problem above.
I'm new to Legato - kind of been thrown in at the deep end as the admin left the company - so apologies if this is something basic.

Can supply more info if required....

Any help would be great as currently I can't do a restore from our latest backup (i.e last night), as it keeps requesting the tape from 7th January.

Thanks

when was you last full backup where files or folders are included? what kind of data are you restoring? may be the admin had an schedule with monthly fulls (I guess..)

Last full backup was on 9/2/05 - with an incremental last night. Full backups for this client are taken on a Wednesday and Saturday night with incrementals inbetween days.

If I run nsrinfo client, it gives the client file index and this seems to hold only info taken on 7/1/05. If I run mminfo -c client, it gives me all the backup information right up to last night. Incidentally, the backup taken on 7/1/05 was a one-off backup of the same save set - is Legato becoming confused somewhere between this one-off and our regular backups of this information. The one-off backup was saving to a different pool, to the one that the regular backups save. Could this also be a problem?

Any help/advice would be great......

what is the retention and browse policy for the schedule that were run on 9/2/05?

you could try to scan the ssid for the backup taken on 9/2/05 with the scanner utility ("scanner -s <ssid_from_mminfo>" if my memory is not so bad) in order to build the client file index.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back