Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

brent123

MIS
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have a Legato tape back up system that I am trying to setup after a year of it being disconnected and turned off. When trying to perform any operation to the Tape drive (inventory, mount, reset, etc) I get a Input/Output error. I've tried reseting the system from the command prompt by using nsrjb -Hv, but I get the same error. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

When I get that error, it generally means that there is a mismatch between legato's SCSI id of the autochanger and the actual scsi id as seen by the operating system.

inquire or inquire -l will query the OS and report what the scsi address of the autochanger is. then see if it matches in legato under properties of the juke box there. If possible we reboot our legato servers after making that change.

QM

- Can you use the drive with any other program?
- On Windows, did you disable RSM?

Hi,
Are u using 7.3.x version of networker.If yes try this .

- Stop the GST (NMC) server and processes.
- set the environmental variable GUI_INVENTORY_ADD_E = 1
- Restart the GST (NMC) server and processes.

and confirm me about the sucessful operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back