Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato DiskExtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissan240zx

Programmer
Jun 26, 2005
US
I am running DiskXtender for Windows here at my location.
We want to migrate to a new system.
We are not able to find a method how to move the data and associated files to the new system.
We have a database that contains information and folder that stores the scanned images. But for some reason we are not able to relate both. I am sure there is a table in the system that has indexed these images and holds the image file name in it that gets retrieved when search but not sure how to narrow down the table.

Any leads. Please advice.

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

Now Legato has DiskXtender 2000 Server to Server Migration utility for migrate server.

From knowedge base:
This utility can move DiskXtender server (5.40.xxx, 5.50.xxx running on either Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 or a 5.60.xxx running on Windows 2000 or 2003) to a new machine running Windows 2000/2003 with DiskXtender 5.60.049 with the latest Patch (Currently Patch 7). This utility can move both the DiskXtender configuration and DiskXtender Extended Drive Data, or it can move just the DiskXtender Configuration (In cases where the Extended Drive is on a SAN that will be attached to the new DX machine).

Any site that is interested in this utility must call Legato and log a Technical Support case to gain access to this utility.

If you have a software support, you can ask directly Legato Support to have the utility.

Bye.

We wont be moving our data to DiskXtender but to entirely new system.
In order to accomplish that we need information about the images. Where they are stored in the database.
I mean the database should have some reference to the image urls right.
I checked the whole db but no idea where it is.
Unless its encrypted or hidden.

Please advice.

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

There are 2 "databases":
- the managed file system itself (called the "extended drive")
This can be backed up.
- the configuration (stored in the registry)
DX can on-line copy the contents to a remote location or/and create a backup of the current state.
Until 5.x it was called the "Repairdisk", since 6.0 it is called the "Registry Log".

Using this info you can rebild the "database" after a crash which, worst case, can be a new system. Please see the manual for more details.

Our Application Extender is Ver 3.2
I just need to know where is the information on the images stored in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back