Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Directives for skipping generic filesystems

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcaixlegato

Technical User
Dec 16, 2004
US
Problem: Need to skip many filesystems with similar, but different, naming structure. Don't want to make 2 million directives to do this. Here is the structure:

/oracle/SID/sapdataNNN

where SID=SAP SID and NNN=any number from 1-999

So, all of the following are valid:

/oracle/SBX/sapdata100
/oracle/DEV/sapdata200
/oracle/PRD/sapdata500

So, how do you create a generic directive to skip all of these? Ideally, it would be:

<< / >>
+null: /oracle/???/sapdata???
OR

<< / >>
+null: /oracle/*/sapdata*

OR

<< / >>
+null: *sapdata*

, etc., etc. Does anyone know how to make this work?

you answered for yourself! what's the problem? the directive make sense and should work... create a new directive, copy fron another (example: unix directive with compression) and add the posted directive. Then assign it to the client resource.

<< /oracle >>
+skip: sapdata*

That is the first one that I tried! The only thing that has worked so far is to hardcode the filesystem, i.e.

<< /oracle/SBX/sapdata100 >>
+skip: .

This works fine. But, any attempt to shorten that using wildcards does not work. I have tried all of the following:

<< /oracle >>

+skip: *sapdata*
+skip: /oracle/*/sapdata*
+skip: .*sapdata.*

I even tried:

<< /oracle/SBX >>

etc.

this could be stupid, but did you try with

<< /oracle >>
+skip: sapdata*.*

?

another try is to put under /oracle/XXX folders the file

.nsr

with the following IN the file:
Code:
skip: sapdata*.*

(page 200 UX Admin guide)

Cheers.

Thanks for all who replied. It is impossible to do without putting .nsr files in all filesystems/directories that you do not want backed up. You can not create generic global directives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back