Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato Corp having problems issuing licenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goony

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
US
Where I work we are transitioning from the Sun backup product (a rebranded Legato) to the 'real Legato'.

There seems to be some holdup with our order... our distributor (we purchase thru someone else, not from Legato directly) emailed us the following:

14-Aug-2003: I am sorry that this transfer has taken so long. I finally heard back from Legato today because I have been asking them this same question all week. My rep has told me that unfortunately they had a major system migration over last weekend & it did not go well. Things have slowly started to come together, but their "transfers" are still not currently working. They said that worst case scenario everything will be restored by early next week.

Is this somehow related to the EMC merger/aquisition? Are Legato's admin systems messed up?

I really hope I don't hear "...there was a problem with our backup...". [sad]

I highly doubt there was a major system migration that didn't go well. It sounds to me like your distributor is passing the buck.

Next time, get your licenses right from the source...

I heard they were having some technical issues also.. PArtly due to the buyout with EMC I bet, and some oracle system upgrades they were doing. I have been waiting for codes for awhile too. But I got them today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back