Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato 7.3.2 Jumbo 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmart07

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2007
US
Ever since moving to 7.3.2 we have had the following problem. It is occuring quite a bit and across all client types.

"Probe job had unrecoverable failure"

Has anyone found a fix? I tried the workarounds in the forum but nothing is working. Anyone have any thoughts?

I had this problem with 7.3.2 clients. I had to re-install 7.2.2 at the client and everything was ok.

I'm seeing on the downlevel clients as well. The upgrade was on our Unix Master servers. Tahks for the quick reply.

A 'probe' is the process when the server tries to establish a connection with the client. So it seems that you have some network related problems (NIC speed, name resolution etc.).

I verified the name resolution on both ends like you suggested in another thread. This problem didn't exist before the upgrade. We were backing up over 400TB's per month with very few problems and most of them were user applications causing issues.

This looks weird. I just can think about 2 other possibilities:
- The client listener (nsrexecd) did not started for whatever reason.
- There is a firewall installed.
Remember that a NW client up to 7.2.x needed 2 ports - since NW 7.3 it needs 4 by default.

Hi @all

We're experiencing the same problems as dmart07 after updating to 7.3.2 jumkbo patch 11.
Downgrading the clients to 7.22 did not help at all as well as using the old authentication method (pre 7.3x)
By the way the problem occurs for all that name resolution and also rpcinfo work fine.
Seems to be another bug ....

cheers Till

[lightsaber]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back