Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato 7.1.3 and Netware client problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jptesar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2002
US
Hi all!

I had the following setup: 1 Windows 2003 server running Legato 7.0 and 32 netware server clients. All worked great until I upgraded to version 7.1.3.

I now get the following error: No 'NSR client' recources for xxxx client. I've tried client versions 4.21 and 4.22. the netware servers (5.1) connect to the legato server with limited information. Usually, the drives are displayed as well as any current activity. Now, just the server name, client name and number of backups and restores is diplayed. We use DNS, I can ping any server name, do nslookups, etc...

Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Regards,
Joe

Hmm... Try this

1) Stop NetWorker on the server

2) Delete everything in the ..\nsr\tmp folder
(contents will be recreated when the server comes up)

3) Restart the NetWorker services again

4) Run som consistency checks:
nsrck -F
nsrck -m
nsrim -X

5) Try a new backup

You *might* need to perform steps 1-3 on clients as well,
but try it on the server first.

Cheers!
Maverick

I'll try that now on the 2003 server. How do I perform those first 3 steps on the netware server clients? Thanks for the post, btw.

I did all those steps on the server, all checked out ok. I still can't backup the novell servers. On the client side, no information is displayed is the devices, sessions, messages or pending areas. It seems like the server and clients see each other but can't quite make the connection for lack of a better descriptive word. Any other ideas?

Did you set the env variable on the server?

NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X=1

You will have to stop and start the services to pick that up.

Hi jptesar

I think you will also need updated ansrd.exe and libnsr.dll
both dated 03/03/2005. This helped in our case, our environment seems to be similar to yours.
We have also replaced nsrd.exe and nsrmmdbd.exe ..

If cou cannot get these files please tell me..

Regards Till

I Have got the same problem.
I am running a Redhat Enterprise linux 3 Networker server with Windows/Netware and Linux clients.
I am running Networker 7.1.2.
When I upgraded to 7.1.3 i had the same issue with my Netware servers (No info displayed on the Netware console, just the time and backup server name.+ I cant do backups)
I loaded patches LGTpa75422 and LGTpa75831. Still no luck.
I eventually revert backup to 7.1.2 and then it works again.
If anybody gets an answer for this I would appraciate the solution.
Cheers
Hinux

I had similar problem (+ more additional problems) with NW Server 7.2 on Windows 2003 Server and NetWare 6.5 SP2.
I’m going to make another new post with the whole experience, but here is some steps you should done:
- install LGTpa37227 patch – it is new nsrilb.nlm for NetWare client,
- install LGTpa75442 and LGTpa75831 patches – they are so called jumbo patch for NW Server (include ansrd, nsrclone, nsrd, nsrmmd, nsrstage,
- in the same time with Legato jumbo patch install Novell tsa5up18,
- install LGTpa67534 patch – it is networkr.nlm and rcmdsrv.nlm for NeWare Client,
- if you still do have problems, install LGTpa71574 patch – it is another nsrlib.nlm for NetWare.

If you have NetWare 6.5 with SPs or without them, you should use tsafs.nlm instead tsa600.nlm.
NetWorker ncf file (networkr.ncf) should like this:
search add SYS:\NSR\BIN

# SYS:SYSTEM\NETWORKER.NCF
#
# For starting up NetWorker for Netware

unload tsafs.nlm
load tsafs /nocachingmode
load lgshim
load rpcxdr
load nsrlib
load rcmdsrv
load networkr -s networker_server

This would be enough for correct running of NetWare servers backup.
S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back