Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato 7.1.2 hangs on AIX 5.2 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktate777

Technical User
Feb 13, 2004
US
Networker 7.1.2 runs on AIX 5.2 but hangs about ever other day or two or three times a day. This could be while it's doing backups or while we are doing deposits or withdrawals. When it hangs the only way to recover is reboot AIX. One way you can tell it's hung is by doing the inquire command. The inquire command will never complete.

Tape device is a STK L180 with a Brocade switch.

Have tried two different fibre cards 6228 and 6239.

Any ideas would be helpful. We are even considering changing to a windows 2000 server to run Networker.

Hello there!

I have a similar problem.

In my case it works by running the cmd: inquire -c
(It only works until next hang, then the inquire cmd is needed again)

Can you try it and see if it works for you too?

// Rickard

Rickard,

We now have our problem fixed. Legato wrote a fix LGTpa64864. Check with them you might need same fix.

We haven't rebooted AIX since 12/13/04.

I'm having problems configuring my AIX 5.3 with an stk j/b using a brocade switch.

When you connected your L180, did AIX recognize it as a medium changer, or did you have to install or configure any o/s, driver, or other software before aix could talk to the L180?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back