Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legal Label Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummerpkb

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2005
US
We recently started rolling out EDI for ASNs from our vendors. One particular vendor replied with a critique of our label format and indicated we were not compliant with UCC128 in our format and therefore were in violation of UCC. Our label is a little different, but generally follows the guidlines. The biggest deviation is the placement of the carton UCC128 barcode, which we have put in the middle and not at the bottom.

Does anybody know if there are any strict regulations in how you format your label? The specification seem to allow for much flexibility in my opinion.

Vendor or Customer?

If it's a customer, the customer is always right.

We are the customer, but still feel like we may need to adhere somewhat to the standard, otherwise there is no standard right? I just wanted to make sure the ucc does not have the ability to levy legal implications for people that do not follow the letter of the law.

Do any of your customers have label formats you could
use as a sample?
Many companies have their own "standard" serialized shipping container labeling requirements.
I remember Sear's and Ace Hardware had unusual requirements.

Most labeling packages provide "standard" formats you can
use as an example...EasyLabel, Loftware, Barcode-1.

This site has a nice description of the spec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back