Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legal disclaimer in outgoing mail 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapunjara

MIS
Jun 28, 2007
Hello,
I'm working in corporation which uses in intranet MS Exchange 2003. MS Outlook communicates with server via RPC, NOT via SMTP protocol. My assignement is to apply legal disclaimer at the end of the message to all aoutgoing mail, but only solution to my prolem I found was the "even sink" procedures with VB or VBS. In my case this doesn't work because communication is not via SMTP protocol. If anyone can help me I would be very gretful. Thanx in advance :)

There have been MANY, MANY threads on this in the past few weeks. Please do a search.

Neill

Thanks for your warning, but I'm new to this forum and I DID research in this group but I didn't found any valuable information. My apologies if I haven't been clear, but I'm trying to find a way to apply disclaimers on back-end exchange server because we dont have front-end server. If I've missed some of the threads that are reffering to this topic, would you be so kind and send me a link to them. I would appreciate it.

RichardHuang, I know about third-party software, and this solution in article isn't working at all if you don't have front-end server. I'm familiar with programming so I was wondering did someone made something simillar, or if they can do it why can't I do it, so it can be shared lilke freeware or some kind of FAQ. In short, I don't need third-party software, I don't have front-end server so I can't apply recommended VB scripts. Are there any other solutions?

You need third party software. Period.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Ok, to get you started then...

Solutions listed in other threads.

The last is the cheapest of these, the first apparently the most configurable.

Personally I use Nemx because it worked out cheapest for me at the time but will be looking at Sunbelt (which is the new kid on the block) when it comes time for maintenance renewal.

Neill

QS looked good when I did my initial searches but I had 2 problems that it wouldn't address.

I only wanted to use it for a subset of users in UK and Germany, not all my users worldwide. QS only worked on a per-domain basis at that time.
For various reasons I needed to install it on a cluster which it may indeed support but couldn't find any mention of it.

However it appears that v2 now supports AD groups which is handy.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back