Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legacy Card Carrier on V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2010
US
Will a legacy card carrier and an IP400 PRI card be supported on an IP500 V2 cabinet?

And if so, what happens with the liceneses?
Does the standard 8 apply, or would we need to purchase additional licenses??

Yes you can but no Alchemy cards (they will have issues)
No licenses needed because the old card does not have those licenses.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Interesting... we installed a PRI carrier in an IP400 and the problem we had is it only had 8 channels/ports and anything greater we received a license error...

You mean you put an IP400 PRI card onto a legacy card carrier in an ip500v2 and it only showed 8 channels allowed? That is odd.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

did you just get the license error in manager or was it in SSA. we have a site set up as a t1 and have enough licenses to cover it and it still shows an error for not enough licenses in manager but all channels work.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I use two legacy cards in one IPO v2. It works great and all the chennels are licensed from the gate. On one carrier card I have a legacy single T1 PRI and on the other I have a legacy dual T1 PRI. This was a huge savings for my client since we did not have to license each PRI channel.

Avaya, Panasonic, Polycom, APC, MCP, A+
##################################
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

what does monitor say, if you filter just the system tab ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

I had the same issue,

You will have to acquire a license to get all channels working.
However we are busy with a query for re-imburesement for the add 22 channel license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back