Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Left outer join in ReportSmith 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RptSm

MIS
Dec 28, 2004
US
I am trying to join the Employees tbl and the Title tbl. I need to include all from Emp tbl and only where the values equal or are null. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Hey there,
you can try this.
In the Link the tables box, where you link the employee file#'s for both tables there is a checkbox in the bottom where you can select "Include unmatched records". Did this before and it worked, I just had to play around with it a little. Hope it helps.

Thanks....I just the true problem is the employee file # is not in the Title table. I will play around....

I created the same report a while back. SInce I cant attach the rpt. file I will paste the SQL. Looks Messy but it works. Copy and paste this code into a new report that you create so that you can see how it works.

SELECT
"REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."FIRSTNAME" || ' ' || "REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."LASTNAME", "HRREPORT"."V_APPT_BASIC"."EMP_FILE_NB", "HRREPORT"."V_APPT_BASIC"."JOB_TITLE", "HRREPORT"."V_APPT_BASIC"."LOC_NAME", "REPORTS"."V_DEPARTMENT"."DESCRIPTION"
FROM
"REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE", "HRREPORT"."V_EMPL_CURRENT", "HRREPORT"."V_APPT_BASIC", "REPORTS"."V_DEPARTMENT"
WHERE
((("REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."STATUS" = 'A')))
AND
("REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."FILE#" = "HRREPORT"."V_APPT_BASIC"."EMP_FILE_NB" ) AND ("REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."HOMEDEPARTMENT" = "REPORTS"."V_DEPARTMENT"."DEPARTMENT" ) AND ("HRREPORT"."V_EMPL_CURRENT"."PERSON_ID" = "HRREPORT"."V_APPT_BASIC"."PERSON_ID" ) AND ("REPORTS"."V_DEPARTMENT"."COMPANYCODE" = "REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."COMPANYCODE" )
ORDER BY
"REPORTS"."V_EMPLOYEE"."FILE#

I thought this info was in the JOBCODE_TBL table as Descr or DescrShort or DescrLong?

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back