Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

leave message to ACD

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklepowder

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
US
We have outside sales persons set up with ACD's. Mailboxes without phones. When an outside callers reaches our auto attendant, they will hear "To reach a person by name dial 8". The way things are now,if the caller dials a name associated with one of these ACD's they get the recording "That person can not be reached by this service". In Audix the mailboxes are set for name dialable by external caller.
How can I enable outside callers to leave messages at these mail boxes?

You need to go to voice services dn table and associate the acd dn with the mailbox.

I added the ACD extension in the voice services DN table. Still didn't work. I tried using services VM, EM, and MS.
Still got the message "That person can not be reached by this service".

You dont need to add to voice services dn table for mailbox
(my bad) only for menus etc. ACD with ncfw to main vm dn should go directly to dialed number mailbox

DO YOU HAVE MERIDIAN MAIL OR AUDIX

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

First digit of extension was restricted in thru dialing.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have the same problem as Picklepowder but I can't find the area where thru dialing is restricted. It doesn't appear to be in the voicemail, but I could simply not be looking in the right place.
to recap.
I have created ACD with a number matching a valid working mailbox which has no phone associated to it.
If I dial the ACD (or mailbox number) from inside the system it works fine. If I try to call it from outside the system, and dial through the auto attendant, I get the same message as Picklepowder "That number cannot be reached from this service".

Is the thru dialing restriction in the Autoattendant somewhere? Hard to figure that being the case but any suggestions are appreciated. I'm using MerMail 13 / M1 release 22.3

thanks to all for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back