Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leave Caller ID display on

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard100001

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Situation:
Call comes in and the Caller ID is displayed on the phone. When the user picks up the phone the display disappears and is replaced with the trunk information. What do I change to leave the caller ID information on the phone?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Wildcard

Is US NI Delayed Calling Name Update set to yes? If so, set it no. It is on the second page of the trunk group form. If it is set to yes, it will update the display on the set after the delayed name timer times out. If no name is sent, by the network, during the timer interval the trunk name will be displayed. It sounds like this is what you are running into.

Let me know how it turns out.

-TJ

TJ,

Thanks for the reply, the US NI Delayed Calling Name was set to yes. This is what I did.. and they claim it fixed it. I'm a thousand miles away so I couldn't test it myself. On page 1 of the trunk group form I noticed that Numbering format was not set - set it to pub-unk. On page two send name was set to n and Send Calling Number was set to n, I changed these to yes and the field Numbering format came up, I specified public in this field. I also noticed that the codeset 6/7 LAI IE was set to y, I changed it to n like on the LD trunk group. I had them make a few test calls...and they tell me it worked.

I have no idea exactly which field made it work, though these fields were set on the LD trunk which worked, so I somewhat configured them the same.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back