Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leato Networker server v 7.4. critical error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkDiver

Programmer
May 30, 2006
UA
After networker server was updated from v 7.3.2 to 7.4 and hot fix was installed networker server began to crush with an error

Desc:
Faulting application nsrd.exe, version 7.4.0.0, faulting module liblocal.dll, version 7.4.0.0, fault address 0x00024c90.

Data
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6e 73 72 ure nsr
0018: 64 2e 65 78 65 20 37 2e d.exe 7.
0020: 34 2e 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 4.0.0 in
0028: 20 6c 69 62 6c 6f 63 61 libloca
0030: 6c 2e 64 6c 6c 20 37 2e l.dll 7.
0038: 34 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 74 4.0.0 at
0040: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
0048: 30 30 30 32 34 63 39 30 00024c90

most hosts are v7.3 some of them are v7.4 ...
the last action was taken before this began - i've updated some clients from 7.3 to 7.4 ... but i don't think it may cause problem :/

Unfortunately, you have gone the wrong way - an update always starts at the server. The clients may come later but clients running a later version than the server will never be tested.

However, this should not be the reason why the server process can not start. The message itself does not say to much - which daemons are still running (see the daemon.log/daemon.raw) file
? - If this is nsrd, then all other daemons (except nsrexecd) will also fail. If for the client, then it should not be a problem because nsrd does only belong to the server.

server software was updated first.
nsrd.exe daemon is stopped after such error and cannot be started manualy. i've rolled back hotfix. interesting if it'll help :)
can't tell for sure but as i remember the rest of services are running when "backup and recovery service (nsrd)" is stopped (sorry cant find propper information in daemon logs .. will be able to do it on next error occured, i guess).. following to computer management console. i also have some Emulex HBA errors in event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Emulex HBAnyware
Event Category: None
Event ID: 264
Date: 06.11.2007
Time: 10:01:52
User: N/A
Computer: ********
Description:
RMServer: Failed to register remote request handler for board 1 with driver.

can it cause a problem?

Hello, recently we have clustered our Netware servers, since that moment we can’t do backup of clustered volumes. Volumes that aren’t clustered, backup works fine. The version Networker client that we use is 7.2.1, Netware server version is 6.5 SP6. The Servers have two nic’s, one for production and the other to a LAN dedicated for backup. The communication between Networker server and clients are correct (we see that save module loads itself ), but it gives the following error: “Invalid save set or save set not available <volumename:>”

Any help?

2 svenix71
backing up clastered resources often requires VSS enabled.

NW starts controlling the hardware at the end of the startup process. First, the server (nsrd) checks and starts the media database (nsrmmdbd), then the client file index (nsrindexd).

From my personal experience, the only issue which might cause a NW server to fail during the startup will be a defective media database.

If you can, move the databases to a save location and delete the originals. IF the server starts, then the problems seems to be related to the databases.

And guys, please ... do not mix threads. Just open a new one.

the server starts correctly ... but in a couple of hours an error appears, service stops and can not be started. i have to restart server ..

IF you are running NW on Windows 2003 Server please apply SP2 .

backup server is running on w2k3 sp2

Since it crashes I assume your only chance of getting it fixed is to open a support case with EMC. They are the only ones that can troubleshoot nsrd and liblocal as it is their programs.

I think I read that others are having problem after updating 7.4 with a hotfix for savegroup report truncation. If that is what you have applied, and now removed, you just might get lucky!

you wouldn't belive :)
looks like it's one of mssql clients make nsrd daemon crash ... >_<

Hi mkdiver,

Did you get this solved?

Thanks.

Regards,
Nikolaj

Did this issue begin after you applied the savegroup notification report truncation hotfix [LGTcs07669] to your installation of 7.4?

I applied hotfix LGTcs07669 to a clean installation of 7.4 and a month later Networker Services started fail every time a scheduled backup Group started. This was the error I received each time:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000
Date: 21/11/2007
Time: 22:46:30
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
Faulting application nsrd.exe, version 7.4.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x3a432065.

I reversed the hotfix and the issue didn't persist after this.

I'm again seeing the savegroup notification truncation issue that this hotfix originally solved & Legato Support haven't been able to come up with a soln since.

We also have this error at customers side and we sent a dump to Microsoft. The guys analyze the is something wrong with the lib.dll, the dll release the memory two times and therefore NW crashes, after this Legato build a nwe Lib.dll and everything works fine

Did you get it solved with the SQL agent crashing the nrsd.exe?

I have seen that the SQL agent is crashing the networker server (nsrd.exe).

I have applied the patch to take care of the truncation of the savegrp.log file.

So I am thinking about uninstalling the patch to see if it helps, but would like to hear if others had the same error and how they handled it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back