Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Learning ASP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLMatt

Technical User
Jun 18, 2007
US
Does anyone have some good links for someone trying to learn ASP? I just started maintaining a couple of internal ASP apps that pull from Access databases, and since I have no ASP experience, I am limited to simple modifications via trial and error.

I can make basic, common sense edits, but I would like to get a much better understanding of what I am doing, especially in regards to sorting the data the ASP app pulls from the Access DBs.

Thanks!

There is more than one way to code ASP. Many books and tutorials will give you the half html half vbscript way. The other way is the way it has been done in perl - just use vbscript/javascript to write out all the HTML. It is just personal preference and you will probably find a lot of variations.

Thanks for the help guys! Those links should keep me busy for a bit. I will probably be using primarily the HTML/VBScript method, due to the fact that some of our internal apps are written that way, as well as it seeming to be about the most documented way to handle it.

For languages, we talk about support. "Side" does not matter. I know, I know...

IIS works fine if you define the language as Javascript or JScript.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back