Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Learn DB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,
I have several years of experience with Oracle and SQL/Server and we are getting a DB2 database in our company. I have no experience with DB2 and need to know --

1. How easy (or difficult) it may be to learn with my background ?

2. What are the good learning resources -- Books, user forumns wtc.

My job will be to work with Application developers and act like Application DBA (designing and creating tables, indexes, procedures etc. and backup and recovery)

Thanks,
- Rajeev

I've worked with both Oracle and DB2 as well. In my opinion, they are very similar to administor. There are several good books out there. I would recomend the db2 udb by don chamberlin and any of the certification guides that are currently available. Additionaly, if you go to you will find downloadable copies of IBM redbooks. These books, in case you are unaware, are books written by IBM professionals that take a singuar topic and go into great detail. For example, I was out there earlier and they have a DB2/UDB 7.1 performance redbook that has just been published.

HTH

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back