Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leap of faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

long1968

Programmer
Feb 9, 2005
GB
I have worked with the Aspect Application and Event bridge for several years now (I provide solutions to end customers) and I am getting asked more and more regarding integration to Contact Server.

I need to make a start somewhere! - Unfortunately do not have an Aspect system in my office.

Anyone point me in the right direction - docs, understanding the fundamentals (IP connection, CSTA??? protocol) and especially what the customer needs if I am going to integrate to collect call stats. i.e. how many people are logged on, number of calls,type of calls etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I don't have any of the docs handy these days, but either through one of your customers, or Aspect, you should be able to get your hands on the API for Contact Server and the docs. The calls are very similar to the app bridge, just instead of sending the messages, the API has them as procedures and functions. Truthfully, I found it far easier to work with the Contact Server than the app bridge.

Your post sounds like you may also want to look into Contact Server Realtime (replaces the RTB) for some stats.

Thanks for the response.

I have recently learnt that integrating to the Contact Server requires the use of an OCX control as supplied/and charged by Aspect - can you confirm if this is the case?

Once again, thanks for the response.

You can use the OCX, DLL or the code for the DLL is supplied with the API. Shoot me an email and I should be able to get you the docs you need.
databit at databit101.com
or use AIM: TelecomManColey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back