Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leadtek GeForce 4 Ti4600 Settings Help/Suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

boobert

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
Just bought a Leadtek GeForce 4 Ti4600 and I want to get the most I can out of this card, but to tell the truth I really do not know much in the graphics department. I turned anti-aliasing and vsync off to boost fps. What else can I do aside from overclocking(I will do that later). Any suggestions. This is what I have:

Asus A7V333 MB with XP 2200
Samsung 512MB PC 2700 DDR
Leadtek GeForce 4 Ti4600
Sony 40x CD-RW
Sony 52x CDROM
Seagate 60GB 7200rpm
Viewsonic A90F Monitor Max Res. 1600 x 1200 @ 60hz

I know all about refesh rates vs. frames per second, I just want to see what the card is capable of.
Thanks

Trouble is as a direct comparison with other 4600 users they generally do the 3Dbenchmark test at the default settings, that doesn't apply to overclocking though, just the 3Dbenchmark 2001SE set values.
So with your rig expect to see around the 11,500mark as a starting default with the expectation of another 10%-15% when the card and motherboard are clocked. Martin
Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

In a simpler vein:
-Reduce the resolution.
-Use 16 bit color depth.
-Reduce the game's graphics settings.
-Click on the ? in the upper right corner of your video card's software, click on the item in question, and an explanation will tell you what each item does and what effect it has on frame rates if it's enabled or disabled, etc.

If you have the program Winfox installed, try uninstalling it. It installed automatically on my Win me system, and it slowed down my FPS.

3D marks increased by over 2000 points. :)

Regards

XPT
aka (AXE)

i have pny version of that card.

In the properties part of the desktop settings tab you can choose a performance/quality slider. Set this as you like it.
Using 32bit colour will only have a small difference on the fps on this card.
1600x1200 is ok for CS, but will struggle with ut2003.
try many different detonator drivers. I currently use 40.72, but my best performance was with 30.82. T3/\/\p()
tek-tips UK branch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back