Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leading digit missing form area code in log screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick4610

Technical User
Apr 26, 2006
US
I am running S8710 with 4610sw IP phones. Can anyone answer this question? When I look at the log screen for missed calls, the first digit of the area code is always missing except for the area code (713). We have a couple of local area codes here and (713) is one of them. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Looks like this:
14-555-5555
81-555-5555
03-555-5555

Should look like this:
214-555-5555
281-555-5555
713-555-5555
903-555-5555

You will also notice that in the first example of the (713) number that there are no dashes seperating the area code and the prefix. Very odd. I have not been able to get any ideas from anyone including Avaya. Anyone have a clue?????

Thanks,
Rick

This has to be something with the firmware. I have the same issue as you, but I never really paid attention to it until you spoke of it here. What is odd, my 713's are also missing the first digit instead of looking like yours. Looking at my missed log, I do not see a first digit for any call.

It is very interesting to hear that. If no one is able to come up with a solution, and I find one somewhere, I will definately post the problem/solution. So far everyone I talked to about it has only been able to scratch their heads and say "that's strange".

Hopefully someone will see this post and be able to enlighten us.

Thanks,
Rick

rick4610,

did you try to look in 46xxsettings.txt file, especially options "ENHDIALSTAT", "PHNCC", "PHNDPLENGTH", "PHNIC", "PHNLD", "PHNLDLENGTH" and "PHNOL"?

Dwalin,

The 46xxsettings.txt is only to actually dial outside. Not for your displayed nrs. Maybe you can also check on the system-parameters the following parameter: national/international CPN prefix

Have you also did a station trace of a call when it comes in? Just to see what has been sent to your phone set.

I also had/have alot of problems with callback in softphone/agent...

Greetz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back