Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDK100 MPBE Locked up after S/W Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson13

Technical User
May 4, 2017
GB
Good Morning all,

Just looking for some advice regarding an LDK 100 and a MPBE card. I have a system in my workshop which I use to test the various cards and phones which are passed to me for repairs. I made the mistake of upgrading an old reclaimed MPBE to 3.8 SW without an ASMU card affixed to the board. I do have an ASMU card which I can swap out however I am now stuck in that the card is completely locked up with LED 3, 5 and 7 lit up.

I am unable to interface with the system via LDK PC Admin program or via telnet. Does anyone know of any way I can interact with this system or even possibly flatten the card so I can attempt to rectify my mistake?

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks

Hi Mate,
Are you trying to run the system without an ASMU? Or are you saying it won't run with a known working ASMU? I have had it the other way round where i have bricked an ASMU when performing an upgrade and I had to throw it away. Was that a bit of a schoolboy error? You do know that the SW is blown to the ASMU not the MPBE?
Have you tried defaulting the MPBE? Could you try de-soldering the battery for a while leave the caps to fully discharge? It should go back to Korean.

Regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

Cheers for the feedback. Ill try booting without the ASMU and if that fails then Ill desolder the battery and leave the system off overnight. Will get back to you guys with results later on this week.

Thanks again.

Hi,
Just to clarify;
The system will not boot without an ASMUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back