Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ldb Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradmaunsell

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
I have two databases called CAS_97.mdb and CAS_Tables.mdb

I have these in a PRODUCTION directory on our server and I also another pair in a DEVELOPMENT directory.

The tables in the DEVELOPMENT directory are periodically copied and pasted from the production to refresh the development data.

Here is the question:

If anybody opens the CAS_97.mdb in the PRODUCTION directory, a CAS_Tables.ldb is generated in BOTH PRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT.

I have checked rechecked to verify that the (Production) CAS_97.mdb is correctly linked to the Production directory. I have checked to be sure the Development copy is properly linked to Development and Production tables.

Any idea what is going on?

Have you checked for cross-links between the two databases? Could it be that CAS_Tables.mdb in PRODUCTION contains links to CAS_Tables in DEVELOPMENT?

regards, Gion

I actually deleted all links and relinked them - no change in results

Just for giggles, rename the development mdb's and see if production still opens the ldb there.

I think I must have shot myself in the foot.

I (again) deleted all links in both directories and the re-linked. The problem stopped.

I must have had one file cross linked.

Thanks for your help.
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back