Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxadmin124

Programmer
Mar 16, 2008
US
How can I verify the LDAP is functioning on both the MAS and MSS?

MM V3.0
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3' (WSO - 7.0.567.0)
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3' (MAS - 7.0.567.0)
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3' (ADMIN - 7.0.567.0)
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3 Patch 1' (WSO - 7.0.567.3)
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3 Patch 1' (MAS - 7.0.567.3)
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3 Patch 4' (WSO - 7.0.567.8)
'Modular Messaging 3.0 Service Pack 3 Patch 4' (MAS - 7.0.567.8)

You can run an LDAP connection test from the MSS but on the MAS side the only way I know of is to look at the vserver logs to see if it is connecting to the MSS with LDAP ok. But if it is not the app log will be full of heart beat errors anyhow.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Avaya was looking at the MSS late yesterday and they said that it looks fine. They will be looking at the MAS this morning. In the event viewer I am seeing heartbeat errors along with database connection errors. Currently when trying to log on to mailboxes I am getting "There is a problem with the system" message and then disconnect.

Did you reset the passwords in both the mss and the mas ? This is the same problem from the posts over the weekend. It sounds like all of the passwords have been corrupted and you should be able to retype them in the VMSC and the MSS.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

After Avaya was in the system they found that the frontend database is corrupted and needs to be rebuilt. How this happened I have no Idea. This system was never live but if all goes well today it will be online tomorrow.

Thanks Ken For all your help... I will let you know how it turns out. I am waiting on a call back from Avaya shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back