Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP PROTOCOL ON EXCHANGE 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEL33

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
US
I do not see the LDAP protocol listed under Protocols in exchange manager. I do not see a way to add it to Exchange. I need LDAP for a copier to access the address book in exchange.

LDAP is already there by default, but it's not a messaging protocol, so you won't see it in the list. LDAP is what is used to query Active Directory and in your case, perhaps, the Global Catalog. Try just assuming that it's running and make sure you configure the copier to use valid credentials. What sort of copier is it?

ShackDaddy

LDAP is the foundation of Active Directory/Exchange so it doesnt need to be added. Like ShackDaddy suggests, make sure that you configure the copier with valid credentials and have it use a local Global Catalog Server as the LDAP server on TCP port 389.

That is what I have been telling the copier tech. THANK YOU for verifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back