Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LDAP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm97ppc

Programmer
Apr 24, 2004
GB
When LDAP is in enabled we experience problems with our IP 403.
The string in the LDAP setting are correct for our network and work fine, a short time after enabling it, all the phone numbers in our AD appear in phone manager and are available on the handsets speed dial’s great, However a short time after being enabled if you try and download the config from the PBX with manager it just sits there, and causes svchost.exe in the process list to sit at 100% CPU usage on every bodies PC on the network, yes every bodies. All of us have to end the process and reboot, but as we all have ended svchost.exe the pc cannot talk to the network properly an is unable to update our roaming profile as it shuts down, thus screwing up all our profiles in one foul swoop, Very anoying.

We run a switched network so it must be broadcast traffic that causes this, presumably tftp. If you don’t request the config then over a day or so the PBX starts to die e.g. if you press the Group button on a DT it takes 10 minutes to acknowledge it (normally 2 seconds or less for the dot to appear / disappear ). As this takes time to occur it implies a memory leak and when it’s full the processor has so much queued it take 10 mins to respond (only my theory). However phone calls themselves seem unaffected. any ideas?

What Software/firmware are your running ???

ipo.gif

Ver 2.0 (16) but it was the same under 1.4(37) i hoped it was going to be fixed in 2.0. but alas not. I haven't tried Ver 2.0(18) yet but i'm not holding my breath.

We had a problem with SMC switches where the TFTP traffic caused the port on the switch to freeze... power cycling the switch cleared the frozen port but we ended up cascading a 4 port hub onto the switch for the VM server and the PBX.... Dunno if it's related but worth a go??

Thanks I'll give it a go, if it does work I’ll be very disappointed as we run Avaya switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back