Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD95 Name Display with Comma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

552lata

MIS
Feb 25, 2006
US
On our phone display, we prefer (Lastname, Firstname) format.

At this time it would only display (Lastname Firstname).

How do we get the "comma" delimiter to display? We are running into problems with people confused of which one is the last name (e.g., Patrick Allen or Allen Patrick) ?

have fun

Code:
REQ  chg
TYPE name
CUST 0
DIG
DN   1962
  NAME Poole, John
  DISPLAY_FMT (return)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I've tried this but no comma ever shows on the display.

i tested mine and your right, it shows on the screen but not on the set. if i call a softphone it shows but not on the 3900

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Here's why I asked.

I stayed at a Sofitel hotel last week that runs M2008 display sets in the hotel rooms and all the guest names show up with a comma.

now mine works, put the name in normal, john poole and at the display_fmt last

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Attempted, same problem.

REQ new
TYPE name
CUST 0
DIG
DN 15440
NAME Patrick Allen
XPLN
DISPLAY_FMT Last
DN
DCNO

very strange, got back to testing

DN 1962

NAME John Poole

DISPLAY_FMT last
and my 3904 shows

John John Poole

what the ?... looked at cpnd, don't see anything there, glanced at the cdb, might be a package in the hotel/motel side

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

that took way to long, hate to think i can't find it in the book.. but i did

DN 1962
NAME Poole,,John
DISPLAY_FMT first

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I use the comma when doing name changes. It will change the name without leaving any characters behind on the old name if it was longer than the new name.

I tested on my switch (81C - 3.0) and found if I put in Patrick,,Allen in LD95, then the name would display Patrick, Allen.

The comma in name is use for:
1- have 2 fields interchangeable with first or last command in display_fmt
2- filling correctly the Meridian Mail or Call pilot mailboxes when VMBA is use. These 2 fields exists in MM and CP and can be filled correctly using this way. It's useful when using the name search in a auto-attendant menu

First create a COS in MM or CP, then turn VMBA on and let's play with a mailbox.
LD 11
CHG
KEY 0 scr xxxx
CPND new ot chg
VMB yes
COS xx
Second_dn
Third_dn

Have a test, that's great

Cool! This works. I guess we all get challenged and learn something new every day, huh?

Johnpoole probably knew it 40 years ago but he has forgotten more than most of us will learn! :)

John, I have seen what you saw before. I have a Sucession 1000. I call it corruption. To get around this, and it does not happen all of the time, I always out and then new when changing names.

i encourage that here but i can't monitor all the tty's.. it never hurts to be safe

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back