Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD vendor wants me to change the codeset

Status
Not open for further replies.

arenine

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
US
I recently installed 3 PRI's on a G3si R11. These 3 PRI's are set up as 1 trunk group on both the Definity and on the telco side. The trunk serves for both inbound Toll Free call and outbound LD and international calls.

I have run into one perplexing issue.

I have a toll free number that terminates on a vector. When the caller presses Option 2, the call is routed to a long distance number.

This does not work, the caller receives a message – “Your call can not be completed. Your LD vendor does not offer the service – 52120”

I setup a work around that routes the call out my local trunks using the partition route table. The call goes through fine.

If a call comes in on the toll free number and is answered by a person, the call can be transfered out to an LD number.

My vendor sees the call come in the trunk group and back out but stated “the far end is rejecting the call”

The vendor suggest I change the code set on the trunk group

I believe I have checked all of the usual suspects – COR, FRL, ARS, Route Pattern.

Any Ideas???

arenine

On your trunk group form, 1st page, in the middle

should look something like this

TRUNK PARAMETERS
Codeset to Send Display: 6 Codeset to Send National IEs: 6
Max Message Size to Send: 260 Charge Advice: none
Supplementary Service Protocol: a Digit Handling (in/out): enbloc/enbloc

there are 2 codeset parements, that's probably what they're talking about..

BuckWeet

Did they tell you what codeset to use and/or what they mean? I have the same exact issue. I did notice turning off "send calling party number" allows the call to go through as well but that's not an acceptable option. My vendor stated the were receiving an "unknown information element" aka IE as refenced on BW's screen shot.

-CL

lopes1211

The vendor said to try code set 0 (zero) on option "Codeset to Send Display". The trunk cannot be busy when the change is made.

I asked friend at Avaya about this and he questioned the vendors' logic behind changing the code set.

Turning off Calling Party Number is no good because that is one of the main reason we converted to PRI.

arenine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back