Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD 96 DCH Call Trace How to Flush Out Back Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multitech

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Once the call information is posted on the DCH call trace in LD 96 and I have disabled the DCH messaging, DIS MSGI & MSGO how do I end the continues call logs from scrolling out?

yep you don't have to dis msgi/msgo it can be useful to leave them all on every DCH and have the log enabled (enl mon log) and the tty disabled (dis mon tty - as mentioned above). That way no messages scrolling up the screen but should you need to look for a past call it will be in the logs in /e/trace

I know about DIS MON TTY and DIS MSGI/MSGO. What I am asking is once I have my call trace information and I have done DIS MON TTY, how do you stop/flush out all of the call information that is buffered/captured and continues to print out the captured call trace that is not needed, rather than waiting a long time for all of it to print out. I thought there was a command that just ends all of the unwanted call trace from printing out?

you have this running to an actual printer not just on the screen? Cant say i have really outputted to a printer before but when you issue the DIS MON TTY that stops the output instantly, I would expect that the TTY and the printer have buffers not sure how you would flush them.

Yes I just print out on the screen. After I do a DIS MON TTY the system will keep printing out a lot of call traces after I have disabled the TTY port and after I already have the call trace information. It does not just stop until the buffer has released all of the call traces. Thanks kstaff22 I'll try the FLSH in LD 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back