Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD 36 calling TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have the below trunk:

TN 005 0 00 05
TYPE COT
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
XTRK XUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 3COM
TRK ANLG
NCOS 0
RTMB 4 1
PRDN 6924
CMF NO
SIGL LOP
SUPN YES
STYP PIP
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR APN THFD
P10 NTC LOL
TKID 777-3456

When I call from TN 5 5 I don't get the call on my telephone. But when I trace the user's TN on which this PRDN appears as I'm calling the actual phone number it rings on his phone. Why am I not able to call it in LD 36? I hope I explained this clearly. thanks.

If I understand what your saying in this correctly....
You are trying to use ld 36 and sieze the trunk for test dialing. If that is correct the testing of a trunk is outbound numbers not in towards the pbx.

I hope this helps

you do understand, but now I don't. I have three POTS lines built on three TNs in one route. I can make a call out on the other two but not this one. I was able to at one point because I marked down the phone number but wanted to try again today but couldn't make a call on it.

Are you using a Maint terminal or a maint set? If you are using the maint. set you should hear dialtone at the "dn?" prompt. If you are using a terminal you can't. The reason this is important is that you could have a problem on that copper line. You can sieze but no dial tone is provided by the CO. I've also seen where the digits dialed just fall off the face of the earth. At that point you would need to call that line into repair.

Hope this helps

maintenance terminal. But if there was a problem with this line, how am I completing a call TO it when I call it directly? As opposed to when I try to make a call FROM it?

Different CO equipment used. Also you would have to trace a call to insure that the line connected to that phone is the trunk you think it is. Or you could clip a butt set on the copper line to make sure that you do not have a bad trunk port on the card in the pbx. (also a possibility)

Okay, thanks. It's a site 3000 miles away so my butt set is out of the question. But thank you anyway.

Not really, Log into ld 36 and use "call l s c u" (tn of a trunk. Then input the digits to call a phone at your location (via DID or PVR. At that point the phone that you called to can provide audio when you issue the "trk" command. At the "dn" prompt you should here the dial tone on the set you are using for test. Just remember to mute it so your background noice will not interfere.

that's what I did already. But I got TRK006. When I called the actual phone number my call terminated on the set which had the TN's associated PVR key...but I have no idea at all what you mean by "issue the trk command".

ld 36
TRK000
.call 4 0 0 1
DN?
.7341134 This sets up the test center line

now you have a line tied into the pbx for audio

.trk 4 0 0 2
DN? At this point you hear dial tone

Now you can have a conversation via the test center line you setup. If you get an error code you could have a bad CO trunk or a bad port on the pbx card.

okay, I'll give this a shot. thanks.

When you do trk, the system gives you a trunk and shows you the TN of the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back