Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ld 32 fdlf update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddog6601

Technical User
Jan 5, 2011
US
Morning,
I have a quick question, what is the average wait time for a M3904 FDLF update to complete ? The phone was at core 24 flash 89 it was at an old site using rls 1 now we brought it over to a site where all the phones are at rls 3 . I started the update around 50 minutes Ago and the status bar has not even moved! Is this normal ?

I was told that when a FDLF is in progress I should not be able to make any changes in the switch,I can still make changes right now but the actual phone still has the download screen for the past hour and a half ! Is there a way to cancel this download without breaking the phone ?
I got these codes after I FDLF the TN

.fdlf 20 0 3 15

OVL021 IDLE

SDL100 BUSY

OVL021 BKGD

SDL100 BUSY

OVL021 IDLE

SDL100 BUSY
OVL000

FDLC Cancel or stop the sytem wide flash download for M39xx units

Thanks!
Does this keep the phone at its original version ?
after over an hour of waiting I had to just unplug the phone and of course it is now trash ! I tried fdlf again with several other phones without a problem,not sure what happened to that one.
Thanks again !

I would say the firmware did not start, do an IDU of the set and you can see firmware

It takes around 8-10 minutes to update a phone.

In extreme cases where the firmware updates and hangs, you can to reboot the phone system

If you interrupt the firmware flash (i.e., unplugging it) you will brick the phone.

This might be of some help?.

M3903 Taurus set stuck in a firmware download state and unable to access any overlays on the call server.

Details:
Unable to access any overlays on call server, OVL306 given on TTY. This was the result of a failed FDLU to an M3903 telset in my case, I suspect pertinent to all M3900 range of phones however.
After accessing load 32 by using the suspension command and an FWVU is run against the affected TN you get 'PSDL IS NOT IDLE' message

Fix:
Use the suspend command to access ld 32, use fdlc to cancel the suspended command, disable & enable the affected card and re-commence a subseqent FDLU.
This time, in my case, the download was successful.

#############################################################

Trying to do CHG on M3904 TNB get SCH1958 : TN is blocked since midnight download is triggered for the Taurus set type.
Tried to DISU TNB got NPR034 : DISU command is blocked because the unit being disabled is experiencing
a flash download.
Tried FDLU TNB said already had latest Firmware.
FDLF TNB and now able to CHG or DISU OK

>ERR NPR041
*>
*NPR0041
*Unit has already the latest software.

*NPR0034

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.