Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD 22 History log ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

are34

Technical User
Mar 29, 2005
US
I want to view the history log on what the techs did when in
the switch. I have been using LD22 and "ahst" . Is there
a more detailed load that looks at the history file ?
The "ahst" command just shows what load they used. I want to
view what commands they used while in that particular load.

you mean vhst ...

i dont think so ...

you may create logins for diff people with diff permissions

As far as I know, AHST is about as detailed as you are going to get. Try the different login names.

what do you mean by " Try the different login names" ?
all the techs use the same login and password.

no the ahst or vhst is not of much use for that purpose, a better log. but not what your looking for is ld 117 prt sel 500, even with lname login you will not see the details you want..

> mon tty 4, will show commands as they are being typed. i've turned that on and did a capture, to have a record of a tech that i was concerned with making mistakes.. the person being monitored does get a line stating who is mon them.. once

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie. How do you turn
on "mon tty4". What load is that in ?

no load, from the command prompt and use a space between tty 4, or mon 4,, can't remember. you must use pwd2 and you will see each keystroke

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Or do like I do and use procomm with file capture turned on. the port your using to capture the info needs the TTY to have USER MTC SCH. every day I close the file and then start another file. I use the date as file name.

ace, does that give you just sch, if multi user is on, it would not show keystrokes? did i miss a change? again

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

do you have multi-user on?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back