Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD 17 CEQU YALM FDL vs. DG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredtheFoneGuy

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
US
Quick history: I have two T1 loops and have recently began having issues with one. Loop will remain enbl but all channels go dsbl for no apparent reason. Had telco pull up history on their side and show no problems. Monitored with TBerd on our end and saw minor BPV's, but nothing that would kill the loop. Today noticed that the Yellow Alarm Method, "YALM" was different between my two loops, good loop is FDL/ESF, bad loop is DG2/ESF.
Question: What is the difference between FDL and DG2? According to NTP's FDL is default on ESF framing, so I changed it. Do you think that will help? Help is greatly appreciated.

DON'T THINK SO I'VE HAD BOTH AND IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE AS FAR AS ERROR FDL AND DG2 ARE JUST YELLOW ALARM FORMATS THAT ARE SENT TO THE FAR END.
TRY THESE CHANGES TO YOUR DDB IN LD 73
TRSH 00
RALM 128
BIPC 0
LFAC 0
BIPV 4 4
SRTK 24 3600
SRNT 1024 1024
LFAL 17 511
SRIM 1
SRMM 2
ICS
THEN LIST YOUR LCNT FOR THAT LOOP EVERYDAY BEFORE MIDNITE TO SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY ERRORS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Thought about doing that earlier, that's probably one of my next steps. I just don't want to hide the issue by increasing my thresholds. Only problem is I haven't shown an error on my 61C at all when this happens. I did an LCNT and it shows all good. I'm Easter-egging now and swapped out ENet cards. If that doesn't work I will go to the PRI card. If that doesn't work I'll swap out CSU's. If that doesn't work I'll quit...... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back