Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LD 135 in an Option 11C (SSC cpu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanart

Instructor
Dec 13, 2002
US
Is there any reason to run LD 135 in midnight routines on an Option 11C? It's an NTDK20 card, Rls 5.5. If yes, what is it testing?
Thanks

Here's what the book says:

LD 135 provides diagnostic and maintenance information. It provides a means of performing the following
functions:
• clearing minor and major alarms
• clearing and printing maintenance display contents for the primary Core
• testing the idle Core
• displaying CP/CP PII card status and ID
• enabling and disabling CNI/cCNI cards
• displaying CNI/cCNI card ID and status
• testing SIMMs, inactive CNIs/cCNIs, and standby Core during daily routines
• switch Cores when in redundant mode
• during midnight routines checks primary CNIs/cCNIs, checks for Core redundancy, and attempts to
switch Cores
When a status appears disabled, one or more Out-of-Service (OOS) messages may appear. Listed below
are the possible OOS messages. (What actually appears are the numbers associated with the OOS
text).

So from reading this, it doesn't look like your Option 11 would benefit from having it in the midnights.

Thank you, that was my opinion. I was hoping there may have been some undocumented routine that 135 addressed that wasn't published.

Not that I am aware of (Having worked for Nortel and holding an NCSE certification in CS1000).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back