Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lcs (live communication server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

polaroid

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
IT
hi all
saw after a search on the site a disussion on configuration of phone manager with LCS,but i'm really going mad on it...
nobody knows something about?

thanks

What do you need to know,

I have done this many times on LCS03 and LCS05, Its all about DNS records and the LCS being configured correctly.

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

I don't know what polaroid needs to know, but I need to have an lcs03 set up guide. I am lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd love an LCS05 guide, as well, if one is available. Being mostly a *nix admin, I'm not as familiar as I should be in some respects with this system and the full extent of what it can do.

First step get you LCS 2005 up and working with IM clients. That part has nothing to do with the IP office.

Once you have done that configuring the Phone manger to work with the IM client is some what disappointing it doesn’t do a lot

[cheers]

hi everybody
I've configured a user' s phone manager with "instant messaging " section as indicated in AVAYA Docs3_1(enable instant messaging support server and user name specified)
in lcs05,i've add a routing trough the Ip office IP address.
so i don't reaal know how to proceed with lcs configuration and dns records
any help is wellcome:)

thank you

Are your MSN clients connecting correctly, as crashtest1000 states this is the first step to getting it working.
Have a quick look in google for creating the DNS records for SIP to function. I will post the link when I get back to the office as I have a full doccument regarding this.

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

my msn clients are corretly connected,searchin for Dns ,
if you post the link you mentioned ,that would be so kind:)

I have lcs working correctly working fine on windows messager but i cant get it to work in phone manager.

I get password errors and anyone got info on DNS settings

One thing that I found is you need to add the email account to the each user in the IPOffice manager on each of the users who want to use LCS.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back