Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCR won't failover if IP trunk is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

twvnet

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US

I have SCN working fine between two IPOs, but can’t get the Least Cost Route failover to work. The IPOs are not acting as the VPN endpoints – the client is using Cisco routers for that task, and they need to leave it that way. If I disconnect the IP trunk between sites to test LCR failover to the Alternate Route, the source IPO still sees the dialout over the disconnected IP trunk to the second IPO (based on the LCR Main Route) as a “Success” in the Monitor utility. At that point, it just gives you dead air – no busy, even though the IP trunk is down – so it never even tries to fail over to the second route that tells it to go out the PRI (ISDN) and make a long distance call to the other site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

as far as I can remember trunk failure re-routing in LCR is not supported.

twvnet is correct, current if the system is able to obtain the VCM resource etc to initiate the outgoing VoIP call, it won't fallback.

IP Office 3.1 does contain features for IP trunk fallback based on the remote end not completing the end-to-end connection. Sadly that means waiting several months

it also takes a long while before the ipo will see that the line is down

You can set the number of "Voice Channels" to 0 under line config which will cause failover. But this is a manual task, better than nothing. Don't forget to set it back after VOIP is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back