Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCR Routing to different routes /numbers starting the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeOK

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
NZ
Hi All

I am having a problem that is driving me nuts. I am sure I had this working during testing then it just stopped. What I a trying to achieve is to have routing in place should I have a conflict between internal and external number ranges. Due to factors beyond my control I do not have full control over the numbering plan.

Internal numbers are three digits and external seven I have setup 61 to use as my first route access code. I set the LCR up as follows (have also loaded these in the system short codes)

61XXX
Dial
N

And

61XXXXX
Dial

The intention of this is to have any numbers starting with a 61 that are five digits long routing over IP route 50 any starting with 61 that are seven digits long routing over route 0 to the Telco. I am sure this worked for a few minutes. It does work if I add a ; at the end of 61XXX and a # at the end of the dialing string but this is not ideal.

Any suggestions?

in the second shortcode you use a 1 instead of a N
change this to a N
it should work that way

Thanks for your help but I have just noticed a typo in my post it should have been.

61XXX
Dial
N

And

61XXXXX
Dial

then change the . in to a N
the xxx means that it need to match the amount of digits dailed
if that match the dailing of that number starts

Thanks but I have already tried that but I need the 61 sent to the telco but not internally. I have also tried 61N that does not work either.

maybe have them dial 9 for outside calls, and no 9, or an 8 for the ip routed call. then it is just short codes to direct.
hard to figure out what will help without knowing the full numbering plan, or dial plan to know the conflicts.

also, what is ip route 50 going to on the other end.

LCR applies to the numbers send to the line, first match will be applied regardless of thenumber of digits.

What you can do is the following :
in the sys SC table create your codes:
61XXX
Dial
N

61XXXX
Dial
9961N

in LCR

61N
Dial
N

99N
Dial
N

Thanks for your help but that doesn’t work either. When I dial 61XXX the call just sits there waiting for the extra digits when I dial 61XXXXX it dials as 9161XXXXX

You can see why Im pulling my hair out

I have no hair so i don't have that problem.

What softwarelevel are you on?

3.2.53 Tried 3.2.17 to. Also just tried changing the order of the short codes in the LCR table. All that did was switch the order of the problem making the 61XXX work but not the 61XXXXX. It would appear it acts on the first short code it sees.

Looks like its fixed. I had to remove the matching short codes in the system short codes and as long as the longer short code (61XXXXX) is first in the LCR then it works as I wanted.

Yea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back