Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCR Overflow from IP trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettingIPO

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2004
ZA
Hi there, having a blond moment.

I can get LCR to work with IP Trunks, except if the network point is unplugged ie. If I have 1 IP trunk assigned and there is a call busy on it, then the next call uses LCR and goes over the PSTN, but if the IP trunk is down, eg. I unplug the network cable, then the first call that goes through does not detect that the line is not available, and camps on the line.

Is there a way to force the system to "error check" IP Trunks.

LCR with IP Trunks first and then PSTN trunks is not supported yet, it will be in a future release.
As long as the network is available it will work, but there is no detection on a loss of connection and a time-out will not work.
Maybe 3.1?

Cor, the IPO will see that the link is down, takes a while though

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

I must say i last tried it on 2.0 software were you could wait for approx. three minutes for the detection the IP line was dead.
Maybe 3.0 improved this but i have read a document at Avaya's office were this LCR problem is mentioned as a possible feature in 3.1

I will be testing the LCR VoIP 3.1 Update shortly. I will post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back