Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCNA tips and suggestions? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG5

MIS
Nov 18, 2001
US
Does anyone have any information such as study material, level of difficulty, etc for the LCNA test? I'd like to give it a shot, but really don't want to print out the 600+ page Networker Admin guide!!

Thanks.

Hi ritacool,

I've scheduled my exam for July 31st,and I was wondering if you passed yours and how it was.
Any last minute advice would really be appreciated.
If anybody else from this group can give me some info or suggestions for this exam it would help me a lot. I have one day left and as you all know there is no sample questions you can find on the web.

Thank you,

Alina

Hi,

I've passed the Legato exam LEO-625.
It's very easy,much easier that I've expected.
If you know the basic staff from Networker you'll pass for sure.
I've passed with 100%.
Thank you all for your info,especially to you 605.

Alina

First of all Let me Congradulate you Alina.
Sorry I could not read your mail as I was in a training(HP Open View NNM training).
Though my voucher expiry was 30th of July ,in last moment Legato agreed to extend my Voucher expiry date.Now my exam is scheduled on Aug 15th.
I mentioned in my mailwhich I addressed to 605 (July 13) about sample questions at Here aroud 12-15 questions are avilable.

As you passed exam with such a great score, its of No use for u now.I 'll really appriciate if you could help me in passing the exam.
Please let me know the questions if you remember any.
The question types.(Do we have an option in question which tell us to select 1 or 2 or 3 suitable answers ?
Because at site, all are multiple answer questions and it allows us to select all the options.
Untill we r sure we cannot select an answer)

Please share you experience with me so that I can prpepare well.

Once again Congratulations and sorry for not responding in time.

Rita

Hi

Passed my LCNA exam today and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what to study for the LCNS.

Thx :)

Congrats Birky.

Could you share some questions .I planned my LCNA exam in Aug 3rd week.What are the important topics ?

Please guide.

Thanks
Rita

Hi Rita

The test is quite simple....but, make sure that you understand the basics of administration (GUI and CLI) and terminology of Networker.

Ensure that you are ok with backup/restore and querying the database (mminfo) through cli then you should be ok..you only have to get 69% which gives you an error margin of about 13 questions I think....quite a lot when the total is only 43 questions.

Also ensure that you are up to speed on the jb cmds and you understand things like the difference between stand-alone and remote dev etc.

It's quite difficult to say exactly what will come up in your exam as there is a pool of questions that are just plucked out at random.

Good luck :)

Hi Birky,

Thanks a lot for the info and wishes.

Have a nice time

Rita

Hi Rita,

Sorry for answering so late but I was gone for a while.
The exam has 43 questions and it's like any other unix exam,you can choose one or more question and you can review them any time.
You must know the syntax for basic commands like save,savegrp,recover,nsrim,mminfo,nsrls,nsrinfo.
The definition of the client file index and media database,the daemons running on a networker server and a client.To configure a jukebox and a standalone device,the menus from nwadmin,to know what each of them includes and what can you do with them.
For example from where you can start the backup,from the Group resource,from where can you change the shedule for a backup,from Schedules resource.So it's better review what each Resource is doing from nwadmin.
You need to know the browse and retention policies and when a volume becomes recyclable.
Learn how you can recover a server ,the CFI for the server and the media database for the server.The steps involved in recovering client file index and media database.
I hope it helps.Let me know if you have any other question.

Good luck,
Alina

Hi Alina,

Thanks for the reply and info.Hope your info will help me in passing the exam.

Have a nice time.

Regards
Rita

Hi
I passwed the LCNA exam today.As every one said ,the exam was easy.

Special Thanks to Mary Vone,Alina,Birky,and 605,

Have a nice time.

Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back