Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCKO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw164

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
US

When i stat a trunk in ld 32 everyonce in a while i will have a trunk show LCKO. The number will ring when called, but it won't go through the switch. This has happened on both Loop and Ground starts trunks on my Option 11c. what would cause the PBX to LCKO a trunk?
Thanks

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

Are you sure you are seeing the LCKO in Ld 32??

If You STAT LD 60 you can see your TRUNKS, TIE's, LOOPS and Alarm Conditions with the Channels on those PRI's, TIE's and all Channels in LCKO, IDLE or BUSY DID, IDLE TIE etc.

You may want to check with your TELCO to see if there is a Repeater Problem. Sometime the Channels need to be refreshed. Check to see what LOOP or TRUNK and find out the Circuit ID to Check or test with your TELCO.

Hope This helps,
Good Luck,

L.A.CityTech

see that is what has me confused. The only time i had seen LCKO was in our 61c ld 60, like you were saying. I thought it was only a PRI thing. But this unit only has POTS line coming into it. at first i thought it was just because it was loop start and those always gives you problems, but we switch the line to ground start and it still does it. i am stumped.

Scott Williams

If the POTS Line is coming into it, the question is Where is it coming from?

Does it have a Circuit ID?

You say you switched it from LOOP to GRD, did the Telco change it to?

Yes telco changed it to GRD. It works for a few weeks, then i get a call from the remote site saying that the main line is always busy. I remote into the switch stat it in ld 32, and see LCKO next to the TN of the trunk. Talk to telco, they said everything looks good on their end. i am at a loss as too what could cause the problem. i have checked the ground of the PBX and of the Building. i wonder if it could be a voltage problem? voltage leaking over onto the pots line.

thanks

Scott Williams

Change the selection of the trunks from Linear to Round robin in the rdb, We had a similar problem when a call was disconnected and another call was sent down the trunk too quickly and lockouted the trunk member

First things first.... Scott Williams.... Are you by chance retired Air Force??? If so I believe I've worked with you in the past (though I'm not sure which base... could have been Rhein Main)

Anyway, If you are using these as tie trunks, I would check to make sure Telco has changed them to ground start at BOTH ends. Also make sure that all the trunks in that trunk group are set to ground start. If that doesn't help, you may want to try rolling universal trunk cards and see if the trouble rolls with it or stays on the same ports. That would tell you if a circuit problem or a trunk card port problem....

Thomas C. Anselm, MSgt USAF, Retired

Thank you foleys, i will try that.

No, i am not retired Air Force, i am just finishing my first 4 year tour in the Coast Guard. We have changed out trunk cards, and TN's still the problem stayed with the circuit. Thanks for the advice, i will pass it on to my people, i won't be back on location for about 2 weeks, i will update you guys when i can

Thank you.

Scott Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back