Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LCK Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadevenzio

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2010
US
What would cause one user out of 20 in an 7.6.300c Pervasive.SQL Macola system to create and leave open '*.lck' files?

Lck files created for a specific menu option are deleted once that option is closed and .lck files for syscomp.lck and syspass.lck once the user has logged out of Macola. When this workstation is used and creates these lck files this prevents Macola to support multi-users.

Your response leaves a little to be desired. Do the lck files remain after the user logs out of Macola? Yes or no?

Software Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I thought that the lock file issue was due to user read/write/delete rights on the server directory?

We are running Pervasive 9.5. I believe it is running remote but how can I be sure that it is not running locally. The problem is isolated to one computer. The user can move to another without experiencing the problem. Therefore I do not believe it is a server permission issue. The computer experiencing the problem, the Macola client was install after upgrading to 7.6.300c, all other computer were originally loaded with 7.6.100. Thank you for your assistance.

Yes, I have re-installed the pervasive 9.5 client on this computer multiple times with the same result, Macola will run but locks out all other users. When I look at the servers open files, I can see the lock files but only for that one computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back